Sunday, November 11, 2012

More Thanks Giving

Days seem longer when you don't sleep much. It's been a looooong week, full of good things. I'm giving thanks for:

Monday, November 5: Vaccinations

Gideon had his 9-month check up and I wanted to get both shorties their flu shots, so I took the kidlets to the doctor first thing. I'm so thankful that I have access to healthcare and vaccinations. Gideon didn't gain much weight in the past three months so he's now at the 3rd percentile in weight, and even though the doc wasn't concerned and he still eats on demand, I am now feeding him candy bars on the hour (not seriously). But he's happy and healthy as ever. Evelyn was skeptical the entire time. The nurse and I explained that she'd be getting a shot in her leg and she glared at the nurse. Needle went in, and Evelyn didn't move a muscle except to glare with greater passion. She said nothing to the nurse. If looks could kill...

Tuesday, November 6: Democracy

Evelyn voted for "Barack O'Romney"
I'm thankful that I get to vote for my elected leaders. Thankful that my mom and my schools always stressed the importance of voting, and thankful to be surrounded by friends and family who care about who represents them in local, state, and federal government.

Wednesday, November 7: Four more years with President Obama


"Democracy in a nation of 300 million can be noisy, and messy, and complicated. We have our own opinions. Each of us have deeply-held beliefs. and when we go through tough times, when we make big decisions as a country, it necessarily stirs up passions, stirs up controversy. That won't change after tonight, and it shouldn't. These arguments that we have are marks of our liberty."
- Barack Obama - 


Thursday, November 8: Friends

I am sooooo slow to make friends that a couple of my favorite people from my internship year only moved to the friend category much too late in the year. I'm thankful that they're patient with me and grateful that I got to meet up with them for a most excellent evening of cheap Mexican food and margaritas. They remind me of the astounding amount of work and care educators have for the children and families they serve.

Friday, November 9: Employment

Good news at work, easing the pressure on a project I'm working on... and for continuing to learn the ropes so that I can be more efficient in my tasks. It's so good to be surrounded by people who care so deeply about getting research-based programs into parents' and teachers' hands to improve social and emotional health.

Saturday, November 10: Family Time

Enjoying the park?

Sunday, November 11: Jonathan

For understanding that I'm a little neurotic sometimes and indulging my incessant pinning by running out to Home Depot and getting supplies to make a sofa table (like this one). We're one step closer to getting it done!
Post a Comment